Questar III’s Transition Planning services provides development and technical assistance to school district in providing comprehensive and quality transition services to students with disabilities.
- Consultation with students, families, and faculty on transition plans and options
- Assistance with identifying and referring students to adult services agencies such as Adult Career and Continuing Educational Services- Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) and the Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). This includes assisting students with the applications, submitting supporting documentation to agencies, and arranging meetings with agencies
- Train faculty on the use of age-appropriate assessments (Self-determination, education, employment, and independent living assessments). This can include administering assessments and reviewing results with students, parents, and teachers
- Assistance in training faculty in writing transition-rich IEPs to be compliant with State Performance Indicator 13. This includes reviewing IEP’s for compliance.
- Provide assistance with developing and implementing a comprehensive work-based learning program which will allow students to complete the criteria to earn a Career Development and Occupational Studies (CDOS) credential. This includes
- Working with faculty to identify students appropriate for WBL experiences o Securing appropriate work sites that comply with health and safety standards
- Training staff on job coach duties o Work with district personnel to ensure a smooth transition for students to participate in work-based learning experiences (i.e. transportation, scheduling)
- Tracking and filing all necessary forms and documents required for work-based learning (i.e. training plan/evaluations, internship student agreement, parent permission forms, functional assessments, employability profile, job coach reports, etc.)
- Communicate with guidance counselors on students’ progress with completing the CDOS criteria.