Questar III’s Special Education Aid Services is designed to help school districts claim all available aid for students with disabilities and allows districts to customize the level of service that best meets local needs. Questar III will provide training for district staff on procedures and best practices for collecting and filing information and utilizing the System to Track and Account for Children (STAC). Districts may choose a more comprehensive service where Questar III staff performs all data collection, submission and verification for all types of special education programs.
How we assist districts
- Conduct a thorough review of the current status of the district’s special education aid and aid claim process
- Calculate the program costs for students served in district programs
- Submit the state aid claim documents for students with disabilities, including public and private placements
- Calculate, enter and verify transportation cost information for students enrolled in all types of summer special education programs
- Assist in the process of rate appeals for applicable special education programs
- Work with districts and NYSED’s Rate Setting Unit to facilitate communication to maximize reimbursement
- Develop procedures and processes for gathering and reporting data for state aid claim forms
- In-depth training on how to enter STACs and verify student placements
- As part of our training program, district staff will be provided with the opportunity to ask technical follow-up questions at no additional charge
Our fixed fee includes the cost of travel to your district to meet with key personnel in the special education program office (CSE) and the business office in order to provide training and/or obtain pertinent information to enter data and claim all available aid.
Importance of Service
In these difficult financial times for school districts, it is more important than ever to maximize aid by ensuring that all special education student claims are filed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with state requirements. Copies of all claims are provided to your district after they have been processed.
Experienced & Knowledgeable Service Team
The State Aid and Financial Planning Service is the most widely purchased BOCES service in New York State, serving 650 school district’s administrators and 32 New York State BOCES. We work closely with school district administrators and board members to guide them through the complex world of public school finance. With more than 40 years experience supporting districts, Questar III’s team steer district personnel through complex state aid formulas, laws and regulations.