Questar III offers regional scoring for ELA and Math Grades 3 – 8, Science Grades 4 & 8 state assessments and NYSELAT. Teacher scorers receive required training prior to scoring the tests. Highly qualified scoring facilitators provide guidance and support during regional scoring sessions. Districts have two options to join the regional scoring service. Under option A, the district will send one teacher scorer for every 40 student papers. Under option B, the district sends no teacher scorer.
Option A: District provides 1 scorer per 40 student assessments
- ELA CBT: $9.00 per assessment
- Math CBT: $9.00 per assessment
- ELA Paper: $7.00 per assessment
- Math Paper: $6.00 per assessment
- Science: $6.00 per assessment
- NYSESLAT: $10.00 per assessment
Option B – District provides NO scorers
- ELA CBT: $12.00 per assessment
- Math CBT: $12.00 per assessment
- ELA Paper: $13.00 per assessment
- Math Paper: $12.00 per assessment
- Science: $11.00 per assessment
- NYSESLAT: $30.00 per assessment
* Questar III will reimburse districts the full amount for substitute teacher(s) replacing teacher(s) who are participating in regional scoring. The district must hire and pay the teacher(s) substitute(s). The district submits the teacher substitute form with expenses to Questar III for reimbursement. Questar III cuts a check to the district. Questar III bills the district for substitute(s) based on substitute fee. The district receives aid on this expense as with any other expense through the COSER.
The Regional Training and Scoring allows participants to better understand the State Assessments. Participants also benefit from seeing student responses from the region which puts their own student’s responses in perspective. In addition, participants are able to discuss best practices with teachers from the region who teach the same grade level making this experience a very authentic professional development opportunity.